Your marketing automation workflows allow you to automatically manage the adding of contacts into specific lists. There are many use cases for this action Add the contact into a list:
- After the contact submits a form to download your ebook or receive your newsletter
- If a contact is now a paying customer
- If a contact is a VIP client after a certain amount of orders
- If a contact has accepted an invitation to an event
Define your attributes
To do this, you first need to define the contact attributes that you need for segmenting your lists. You may need to create another Automation workflow to automatically update the contact attributes, to do so you can use the action Update contact attribute.
When all your contact attributes are set up, you can create a dedicated Automation workflow to add the contacts into a specific list.
Create your workflow for managing lists
Select the entry point to your workflow
- Go to Automation > Create a workflow > Create a new custom workflow.
- Select the Entry point Contact details > Contact attributes condition.
- Fill up the attribute conditions, when to check and the checking interval.
For example if you have an attribute for paying customers, you can select the attribute (in our example: CLIENT is YES)
- Click OK to validate the entry point.
This workflow will automatically select the contacts with the CLIENT is YES at a specific date and time. You can check this condition every day or every week, etc. Here, we've chosen to check this condition every day at 10 am.
Select the action Add the contact into a list
Once your entry point has been validated, you can of course add other conditions or directly select the list to which you would like to add your contacts.
- Click on the + button under the entry point.
- Select Add the contact into a list.
- Then select your contacts list, in our example "Customers" then.
- Click OK.
- Activate your workflow to add new contacts entering into your lists and that's all there is to it!