In this article, we will go over the common problems you may encounter when you are using your SMTP with Sendinblue and the steps you can take to fix them. There are three categories of issues you might face:
- Your emails are not being sent
- You are unable to log into the Sendinblue SMTP relay
- Your emails are not being sent by the correct IP
Your emails are not being sent
There are a few possibilities as to why they are not being sent:
- This service has not been enabled for your account
- Your hourly sending bandwidth has been reached
- All your credits have been used
- The selected sender for your template is not valid
- Your settings are incorrect
- The Sendinblue platform is temporarily unavailable
This service has not been enabled for your account
To be able to use the Sendinblue SMTP, the option must be activated on your account. You can click here to read more about it.
If you see an orange banner like the one below, this means that the Sendinblue SMTP has not been activated for your account. You can create a ticket from your account or contact us here to put in a request and have it activated for your account.
Your hourly sending bandwidth has been reached
Sendinblue applies an hourly sending bandwidth to maintain the sender's reputation of new users of shared IPs. You can read about it in detail here.
You can easily check if you have reached your limit, by taking a look at the indicator in the left-hand menu under Quota.
All your credits have been used
Your transactional emails will not be sent if all of your credits have been used. They will be held for a maximum of 48 hours until additional email credits have been added to your account. You can easily check if your email credits have been used up in the left-hand menu under your Plan.
The selected sender for your template is not valid
If you have recently bought or configured a dedicated IP, the templates used for your transactional emails might not have been correctly updated and are still being configured for your former senders.
To check that your templates have been configured with the correct sender:
- Go to Transactional > Template on your account.
- Edit the From Email field in the relevant email templates.
Your settings are incorrect
Check the connection URL for the SMTP server (smtp-relay.sendinblue.com) and that port 587 is enabled.
If you are not able to authorize the domains, the following Sendinblue IPs need to be added to your whitelist: 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206 et 220.127.116.11/24.
The Sendinblue platform is temporarily unavailable
The Sendinblue platform may be temporarily unavailable. You can check the status of the Sendinblue platform by going to the Status page.
You are unable to log into the Sendinblue SMTP relay
There are a few possibilities as to why you are unable to log in:
Relay access has been refused
Authentication may have failed: check your API key, which you can find here.
Login is not possible
The Sendinblue server may be temporarily unavailable. You can check the status of the Sendinblue platform by going to the Status page.
Your emails are not being sent by the correct IP
If your emails are not being sent by the correct IP:
Your dedicated IP is not configured for the SMTP
To check that your dedicated IP has been correctly configured for the SMTP
- Go to the Dedicated IP page.
- Click Manage. If you can see the option Use this IP for transactional emails, then it has not been associated with transactional emails.
- Just click Use this IP for transactional emails to associate it.