Sendinblue lets you launch an Automation workflow when a contact matches one of your segments. This is useful to automatically interact with contacts who meet specific criteria, e.g. automatically send an introduction email every time a contact is assigned to you.
Before you start
- To learn how to create and use a segment, check our dedicated articles.
- To learn more about Automation and how to create a workflow, check our dedicated articles.
Add an entry point to your workflow
To create a workflow that allows contacts to enter only if they match one of your segments:
- Go to Automation > Workflows.
- Click Create a workflow.
- Click Create a custom workflow.
- Give a name and a description to your workflow.
❗️ ImportantSo that the workflow works in an optimal way, do not select Allow your contacts to enter the workflow more than once.
- Click Start Automating.
- Click Add an entry point to add the first step of your workflow.
- Select Contact Details > Contact filter conditions.
- In the Select a filter drop-down list, select a segment. When a contact matches this segment, they'll enter the workflow.
- In the Interval field, select how often we should check if a contact matches your segment.
- (Optional) Select Weekdays only if you only want the check to happen on weekdays, and not during the weekend.
- In the When to check field, select the time at which we should check if a contact matches your segment. You can either choose a daily, weekly, or monthly check and choose a specific time and day.
💡 Good to knowIn case of deactivation and reactivation of the workflow, the condition will be checked once at the time of reactivation and then again at each custom interval and time.
- Click OK.
Once you have added the entry point, you can keep adding more steps to the workflow (send an email, add to a list, etc.).
⏩ What's next?
🤔 Have a question?
If you have a question, feel free to contact our support team by creating a ticket from your account. If you don't have an account yet, you can contact us here.